I know what you're thinking - peanut butter and sweet potatoes? Trust me, it may not be obvious at first, but this is a quiet delicious combination with the peanut buttery goodness as a subtle background to the cinnamon sweet potatoes. A smooth, creamy, and warm side dish for fall, these mashers are great by themselves or with a little left over Thanksgiving turkey and cranberry sauce on top. I made this for myself for lunch, so the recipe is only for one serving.
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Mashers
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. I followed the microwave method for cooking my sweet potato - poke holes all over the surface of the potato with a fork, then cook in the microwave, about 12 minutes, or until fully cooked.
2. Let sweet potato cool, then slice open and scrape potato meat into bowl for mixing.
3. Add milk, honey, peanut butter, cinnamon, and mix. If ingredients are not mixing well, pop the entire mixture back in the microwave for 30 seconds intervals until mixable.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more milk or even butter if you desire a creamier texture and enjoy!