9.23.2010

Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Mashers

I know what you're thinking - peanut butter and sweet potatoes? Trust me, it may not be obvious at first, but this is a quiet delicious combination with the peanut buttery goodness as a subtle background to the cinnamon sweet potatoes. A smooth, creamy, and warm side dish for fall, these mashers are great by themselves or with a little left over Thanksgiving turkey and cranberry sauce on top. I made this for myself for lunch, so the recipe is only for one serving.


Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Mashers

Ingredients
  • 1 medium sized sweet potato
  • 1 Tbsp milk
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Directions

1. I followed the microwave method for cooking my sweet potato - poke holes all over the surface of the potato with a fork, then cook in the microwave, about 12 minutes, or until fully cooked.
2. Let sweet potato cool, then slice open and scrape potato meat into bowl for mixing.
3. Add milk, honey, peanut butter, cinnamon, and mix. If ingredients are not mixing well, pop the entire mixture back in the microwave for 30 seconds intervals until mixable.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more milk or even butter if you desire a creamier texture and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Thanks for following my blog! Sorry I haven't popped over sooner! I <3 sweet potato! this just reminded me I haven't had any for ages! This recipe sounds pretty yum.
    x Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - Thanks so much! I really appreciate you visiting and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan will love these! I'm glad I found your blog via the wedding article you did. I'll have to read your older posts when I get some time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...