9.18.2010

Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread

I have this bad habit of buying more bananas than I need. Then, they over-ripen in my kitchen before I get a chance to eat them all. But at least this gives me just what I need to bake up lots of banana bread. With fall coming, I thought the warmth of cinnamon in the batter for this otherwise classic banana bread would be a great touch. This recipe was inspired by and adapted from Simply Recipes' Banana Bread and Fuss Free Cooking's Cinnamon-Sugar Crusted Walnut Banana Bread. Enjoy!


Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 4-5 ripe bananas
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tsp vanilla
  • 1 Tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 Tbsp chopped nuts
  • 1 Tbsp demerara sugar
  • 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter and mashed bananas by hand with wooden spoon.
3. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and mix in.
5. Then gradually add the flour to the banana mixture, stirring after each addition.
6. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and pour the mixture in.
7. Combine chopped nuts, demerara sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top.
8. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until toothpick in the center comes out clean.
9. Let loaf cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove onto wire racks to continue cooling.

This bread is delicious served warm with butter or with peanut butter and honey. Try it any way you like and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I do the same with bananas! Fortunately I learned in college to freeze black bananas to make quickbread and have never fretted about over-ripe ones since. One can never have enough good banana bread recipes. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana bread and like trying new recipes of people to what I like best, this looks like good one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...