9.21.2010

The Incredible Edible Egg Sandwich

Now I know that the egg sandwich is not a foreign concept to most people. I do, however, find it to be a highly underrated and well-rounded option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Eggs are one of my favorite food items because they can be used in so many ways for such a wide variety of dishes. And the egg sandwich is one of my favorite of these because it allows me to add all my favorite veggies and toppings (think roasted red peppers, hummus, sprouts, and avocado) and never go wrong.

This is one of my favorites - a caprese egg sandwich. With just some tomato, basil, red onion, and mozzarella (although I cheated and used Colby Jack since I didn't have mozzarella on hand), this is a perfect meal anytime of day. Egg sandwiches as pretty much fool-proof: just fry up an egg, toast some bread, pile on the toppings, and don't forget to season with salt and pepper! Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. That sandwich looks ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! I love the dripping yolk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...