Here's the blurb from The Daily What full of ways you can provide aid to those suffering from the recent events in Japan. Even if you can't afford to donate your time and money, post a link to The Daily What post about how to help on your facebook page, blog, twitter, or other social media venue. At the very least, please keep the victims and their loved ones in your thoughts this weekend.
2011 Sendai Earthquake / How To Help: President Obama released a statement earlier announcing that “[t]he United States stands ready to help the Japanese people in this time of great trial.” Below is a list of charities and relief organizations you can donate to in order to help bring aid to those affected by the worst earthquake in Japanese history.
- The American Red Cross has set up a special designation for disaster relief efforts in Japan. To donate, click here, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to instantly donate $10.
- International Medical Corps says it is putting together relief teams and supplies to aid Japan “and other affected countries.” Donate here.
- GlobalGiving’s Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund.
- World Vision’s Disaster Response Fund.
- Click here to donate to AmeriCares’ emergency relief response.
- Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund.