2.02.2011

Easiest Peanut Butter Cup Hot Chocolate


So I was in the mood for something warm and chocolatey the other night but had few of the necessary baking supplies on hand to whip up a batch of brownies. Then I thought about making hot cocoa but didn't have any chocolate chips in the pantry and I knew the powdered stuff would not suffice. As I inventoried my measly baking staples, I realized that I was well stocked on mini Reese's peanut butter cups. Maybe I didn't have chocolate chips in their more traditional form, but I had a source of chocolate at my fingertips.

This is really the easiest possible hot cocoa ever. All you need is milk, some Reese's cups, a mug, and a microwave. I guess a spoon doesn't hurt either, but it's not a necessity.

Plop a few of the peanut butter chocolate candies in the bottom of a mug (I used four). Add milk (I used about half a cup). Microwave on high for 30 second intervals (to prevent the milk from curdling!) until chocolate melts, resulting in peanut butter-flavored hot cocoa (this is where stirring helps but is not required).





I was too anxious to let the peanut butter centers fully dissolve into the milk, but they were a delicious half-melted treat when I picked them out by spoon. This recipe couldn't be any simpler or more delicious! I can't believe I never thought of this one before! I guess Reese's cups don't usually last very long in my house, but I recently made an unwise decision and purchased a nice large bulk package of these guys. At least now I know how to indulge on them in liquid form!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh yumm!!! Chocolate + peanut butter is a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, my husband would love this! sadly, i don't like peanut butter (awful, i know), so i'll have to stick to traditional hot choc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reeses and HOT CHOCOLATE?!?! this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this really is the easiest... when I read the post title I was imagining stirring an unwieldy lump of peanut butter into hot chocolate, ha. thanks for stopping by last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh. my. GOD!!! this is the most amazing thing ever!!! reeses are def my fave candy. i WILL be trying this out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...