11.18.2011

Immersion Blender Morning Smoothie


I'm a big fan of fresh, homemade smoothies and juices, but pretty lazy when it comes to making them myself. I love a rejuvenating and tasty apple carrot juice or watermelon broccoli cooler (trust me, it's delicious), but I hate to clean my juicer afterwards. For so long I had the same issue with smoothies. Throwing a bunch of fruit together in my blender made for a nutritious and delicious morning drink, but the prospect of cleaning out the blender often kept me from making any concoctions in the first place.

Enter the immersion blender. I originally asked for one as a wedding gift in the hopes of making smooth and creamy soups. When I realized just how easy it was to clean this blender, however, I broadened my sights and came up with a whole array of new recipes and ideas for this most handy of kitchen tools.

My favorite is the morning smoothie. With a combination of just fresh and frozen fruits and a little touch of water, I can whip up a sweet, healthy, additive- and sweetener-free smoothie in minutes. Below is my favorite recipe that I have been making on a pretty regular basis these days. Even though the weather has turned cold and most people are probably starting their mornings with a warm cup of tea or a bowl of oatmeal, I always feel refreshed and awakened by the combination of tart and sweet ingredients in this smoothie, as well as pretty full by the time I'm finished. And knowing exactly what goes into my breakfast drink makes me even more confident that it's a healthy choice!

But don't worry - even if you don't have an immersion blender, this recipe works just fine in a traditional blender. The key is using some frozen fruit to get a nicely chilled and textured drink, while gradually adding as much water (or fruit juice if you prefer) to attain the perfect consistency for your taste. This is a highly adaptable recipe and the proportions aren't set in stone - feel free to play around and make your own perfect smoothie!


Ultimate Immersion Blender Morning Smoothie


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/8 cup frozen cranberries
  • 1 whole banana
  • 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
  • 1/4 cup of water 


Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (or in the bowl of your blender if using a traditional blender).
2. Blend until desired consistency is reached, adding more water as necessary.
3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...