8.27.2011

Pumpkin Puree Possibilities!

I've been craving the flavors (and temperatures!) of fall lately. Since I've had an extra can of pumpkin puree in the back of my cabinet since last autumn, I thought I'd rush the season a bit (as I am quite wont to do) by making some delectable pumpkin treats!

While searching the vast and extensive Tastespotting archives for pumpkin dishes, I bookmarked quite a few intriguing possibilities. But I was absolutely sold when I came to this recipe for Pumpkin Challah Bread. One of my absolute favorite flavors fused with one of my favorite baked goods - what more could a girl ask for?



I also was pretty smitten with this one - a Lump Crab and Pumpkin Flatbread. Though lump crab is readily available in these parts, it isn't quite in my budget. I ended up just using the pumpkin sauce portion of the recipe as a base and utilizing whatever else I had on hand for toppings, including swiss chard, oyster mushrooms, chicken breast, and Parmesan cheese. The outcome was pretty tasty and made for a unique way to satisfy my pumpkin cravings!



2 comments:

  1. This is why I love fall so much: the flavors of fresh produce, the more frequent farmers markets, the colorful leaves and my birthday. Unfortunately, pumpkin is a hard to come by in Norway. Regrettably, since these dishes look sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed my recipe! You take beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...