A few days ago I posted my recipe for Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup. The day after I first made that soup, Mike and I were trying to think of what to eat for breakfast given the very limited options in our fridge. That's when I saw the left-over soup and had a flash of inspiration - carrot ginger pancakes!
I worried that the ginger would overpower the pancake batter but it actually was a nice, subtle compliment to these thick and cakey pancakes. The batter was so simple to make since most of the work went into the soup. And if you don't want to go to the effort of making the soup (though it is worth it to get two meals out of one!), you can use a pre-made soup from the store - just be sure to add more Bisquick and less milk to achieve the perfect batter consistency.
Carrot Ginger Pancakes
- 1 cup roasted carrot-ginger soup (access recipe here)
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
1. Heat skillet over medium to medium-low heat. Spread thin layer of butter over warm cooking surface.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Whisk to mix.
4. Pour out pancakes onto buttered skillet.
5. Cook 2-3 minutes each side. Should yield approximately 8 pancakes.
To serve, I added butter, cinnamon, demerara sugar, and a drizzle of honey over top. A very easy and simply sweet weekend breakfast!