8.29.2011

Weekly Recap


Monday: Mike and I took a day trip to New York. We spent the majority of our time wondering around Central Park before Mike performed later that night at Caroline's on Broadway. Good times all around!


Tuesday: Though I was never a potato lover as a child, I've come to appreciate these tubers more and more in my adult years. The purple potato is one of my favorites - just slice them about 1/2 inch thick and saute with olive oil and plenty of salt for a delicious side dish. I couldn't resist taking a shot of this marbleized potato cross-section which reminded me of those cut-rock crystals you can buy at science stores and such.


 Friday: The zucchini just keeps on coming from my single squash plant out back. And, surprisingly enough, I have yet to tire of eating it sauteed with just olive oil, salt, and pepper.


Saturday: What to do when hurricane-preparedness warrants purchasing bread and milk in excess? Make a bread pudding of course!

*Apologies for the lack of photos as of late. I haven't been so good at capturing things this past week but I promise to get back on track for next week's review post!

1 comment:

  1. i could eat squash like that everyday i am pretty sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...