8.15.2011

Weekly Recap

Sunday: Dinner was individual quiches filled with fresh garden veggies and a delicious cheesy crust. 


Monday: I was craving fall and all it's scrumptious and warm flavors. I found a 30 oz. can of pumpkin in the back of my cupboard and got to work seeking new pumpkin recipes. Topped with pumpkin puree, chicken, swiss chard, oyster mushrooms, and parmesan cheese, this unique pizza was quite a winner.


Tuesday: I've seen mushrooms popping up all around on my walks with Louie this week. I found these little guys in one of my potted herb gardens. Luckily they didn't last more than a day or two.



Wednesday: Pumpkin challah bread anyone? 



Thursday: I got to work making meals for Mike to eat while I'm away with my family at the end of next week. With all this zucchini on hand from my backyard garden, I tried out Martha Stewart's Zucchini Lasagna recipe which uses thinly sliced zucchini in lieu of lasagna noodles. I ran short of zucchini and needed to use a few lasagna noodles, but it was still a delicious and innovative way to use up more of my summer squash harvest.


Saturday: Mike and I headed out to Deep Creek Lake to join my family for a much-needed vacation. The 'rents found a gorgeous and sizable lakefront house, perfect for relaxing on the dock, getting lost in a good book, and morning kayak sessions. It's already shaping up to be a fabulous vacation, we just hated having to say goodbye to Louie for a few days!



1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so great! you've got a fun blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...