9.30.2011

September Tumblr Round-Up

For a while, I totally fell off the Tumblr bandwagon. I think I was following too many hipsters posting photo after photo of the same monochromatic images of coffee mugs and vinyl records and v-neck-t-shirt-clad androgynous boys that I just got bored with it all. For some reason unbeknownst to me, as of late I've allowed myself to enter the realm of Tumblr again, making sure to seek out better blogs to follow. I think I've done pretty well on that front thus far.


Tumblr is almost a form of micro-blogging since most posts are quotes, photos, links, and the like. So I thought it would be interesting to re-post some of my favorite little bits and pieces that I've come across on Tumblr on the more long-form Radiator Tunes blogger site. I'm hoping to make this a monthly post where I'll select and share some of the best things I've discovered on Tumblr in the past 30 days. Here's my first attempt at a Tumblr round-up. Let me know what you think, if you have a Tumblr account that I should follow, or if you have any following recommendations to make!








There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don’t expect you to save the world I do think it’s not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your live those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect.” - Nikki Giovanni

'Don’t be morbid,’ Jordan said. ‘Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.’ - F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting” - e.e. cummings

 

The Head and The Heart - Rivers & Roads (A Doe Bay Session Extra) from Sound on the Sound on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...